We expect our grantmaking to have these characteristics:
- We lead with our values, internally and externally.
- We partner with capable organizations that have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in our interest areas and in a manner consistent with our values. We look to our grantees as partners and co-learners.
- We provide meaningful support to strategic grantees.
- We support work in and with communities toward sustainable solutions.
- We pay special attention to underserved or low-attention areas, populations, or issues.
- We value and affirm the integration of all functions of the Philanthropies in our grantmaking.
- We make measurable impact on focused goals.
- We evaluate our work, reshape our approaches as we learn, share and apply our learning to future grantmaking.